image: header
BioBooksContact MeContestMediaPersonal BlogSecretsSpeakingHome

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday A Day of Rest

I know there are very good reasons for us to take Sunday off. Even God took the 7th day off after creating the world! We should follow his divine example. This practice of resting on Sunday helps us all to feel refreshed on Monday morning rather than overwhelmed. God wants us to have productive lives, and yet in the Bible he shows us the importance of rest. Here's the rub. I start out pretty well on Sunday morning by going to church, but then after lunch I see a hundred little nagging things that can not seem to wait for Monday morning. And then I find after meeting one goal, it's just like eating potato chips. You can't just eat one. Same thing with tiny chores. One only leads to another, which is why I'm posting right now. I should be resting or reading or doing something lovely with my family. But here I am sitting at the computer again, trying to check one more thing off my Monday list. I confess I am a mess at times. So, I'm going to close this blog post right now and go and take the rest of Sunday off. I promise!
Hugs,
Anita
 

Content Anita Higman | Photo Credit: Circle R Studios Photography | Site by Eagle Designs