image: header
BioBooksContact MeContestMediaPersonal BlogSecretsSpeakingHome

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Those Firefly Summers

Well, summer is coming. It's too hot in Houston, where I live, to dream of summer. Here, we relish every breath of spring and then long for autumn. But today I was thinking about summers in Oklahoma where I grew up. And I was thinking about my grandmother who made that season memorable. We'd stop by her house after church and sit out on her glider with a glass of iced tea and a bowl of her homemade cherry cobbler. When we were finished with our delight-filled gorging I would catch fireflies and listen to everyone chat in the fading light. No matter how hot it had gotten during the day, the air would cool down and the breeze would blow and we were refreshed for another week. So pleasant. Such a summer hug. So grandma. Do you have any special memories of your grandmother from summers long ago?

Anita
 

Content Anita Higman | Photo Credit: Circle R Studios Photography | Site by Eagle Designs