I'm going to watch the Oscars tonight. Like so many people, I enjoy the pretty gowns and seeing who will win. The sad part for me is that sometimes the stars are a little too "starry" for me. I think you know what I mean. It's good to love yourself, but they can make it into a full-time career. Sometimes another downside to the Oscars is the host. Sometimes the host might be too edgy or too risque. Then my husband and I just switch it off. There are great moments when they get it, and they award a truly great film, and there are other times it feels that Hollywood is so far out of touch with most of America that it leaves me sad and angry.
But I'm excited to see if The Help or Hugo might win, so I'll be watching tonight. How about you? Which movie and which actors are you rooting for? Or do you care?
Anita

