image: header
BioBooksContact MeContestMediaPersonal BlogSecretsSpeakingHome

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Eating Spring

I'm not a very good cook, but last night I tried a recipe I created on my own that was surprisingly tasty. I added course cracked pepper, basil, and culinary lavender flowers to my pieces of chicken before I baked them in the oven. (You'll want to add salt as well.) It was so good. I love spring, and it always seems to me that to fully enjoy the season it would be fun to not only pick the flowers and smell the flowers but to eat the flowers too. Well, this was the perfect spring recipe for me.

Unfortunately, you can't eat all of spring. I'm sure some flowers are quite poisonous. Also, in case you're wondering about where I got my lavender, it didn't come from my backyard. I bought a package of culinary lavender (the kind to eat, not the potpourri kind) from a shop that specialized in lavender products of every kind.

Anyway, you might want to give culinary lavender a try if you have ever wanted to eat spring!

Anita
 

Content Anita Higman | Photo Credit: Circle R Studios Photography | Site by Eagle Designs